Taste Identification is a Miscellaneous Skill used to identify potions or poisoned food.
Use the skill, then click on the food or liquid you wish to taste. If successful, you will be told what kind of potion it is (if the object is a potion) or whether or not it's poisoned (if it's not a potion).
The Taste Identification skill is now difficulty based.
- Potions will be more difficult to taste than food is.
- Poisoned food and drink will also be more difficult to discern.
- The sound affects for tasting are now correct for food and liquids.
- Tasting poisoned food or drink now has a chance to poison you on failure.
- Potion Kegs can be Taste IDed (Information on Taste ID and potion kegs is below).
- Potions from alchemy kegs not Taste IDed will only return the color of the liquid when looked at.
- Currently tasting beverages (wine, ale, water, etc.) is not functional.
The easiest way to gain in this skill is to use a single potion of any kind and an empty potion keg. Simply use taste id on the keg until you have identified it, then empty the keg and replace the single potion, you can then gain the skill of the same keg all the way to 100.0.
Taste ID is a stupid skill. If you are reading this, I hope it is because you were sent here randomly. Or are hoping to raise stats. - Slayerik