Carpentry is a Trade Skill, used to create a wide variety of objects from wood.
Lumber required can be collected using Lumberjacking, harvesting from corpsers, purchasing from NPC at 3g a board.
Leveling to GM
To GM carpentry make the following items at the stated skill levels. Some items can be sold to NPC vendors.
Method 1 (Original)
|0 – 45||Craft Mostly small boxes and crates, alternating with a few of the hardest item you can make at your skill level.|
|45 - 50||craft Trinsic or Vesper chairs.|
|50 – 65||Craft Wooden shields mostly, alternating with a few large crates, plain thrones, and benches.|
|65 – 75||Craft same as 50-65, but maybe add writing desks.|
|75 – 85||Craft Gnarled Staffs and Quarterstaffs.|
|85 – 95||Craft Gnarled Staffs mostly.|
|95 – 100||Craft Gnarled Staffs mostly, but try to make easels, beds, or water troughs. That will gm you fast.|
Method 2 (Better)
|Skill||Craft this||Sell to|
|30 - 40||Chest, Small*||Provisioners|
|40 - 48||Crate, Medium||Carpenters|
|48 - 55||Ballot Box Deeds||Can't be sold|
|55 - 68||Wooden Shields||Carpenters|
|68 - 74|| Fishing Poles (Requires 40.0 displayed tailoring skill, train from NPC)
Alternatively, do Quarter Staff instead.
|Can't be sold|
|74 - 80||Quarter Staff||Weaponsmiths|
|80 - GM||Gnarled Staff* (Around 98 make the very occasional large yew wood table if you want but its not required)||Weaponsmiths|
- It appears that you can no longer sell the crafted carpentry items to vendors. I just tried the Crates and the Small Chests in Moonglow. No NPC would accept them. I'm also a citizen of the city. - Zain
Listed below are the items as they appear in the carpentry menu, by category.
Skill listed is the minimum skill needed and does not indicate a 100% chance of success.
Ships, Cannons and Docks
|Guild Dock||200 Wood||99.0*|
|Small Boat||Small Boat Plans||75.0|
|Small Dragon Boat||Small Dragon Boat Plans||77.0|
|Medium Boat||Medium Boat Plans||80.0|
|Medium Dragon Boat||Medium Dragon Boat Plans||82.0|
|Large Boat||Large Boat Plans||85.0|
|Large Dragon Boat||Large Dragon Boat Plans||88.0|
|Carrack Boat||Carrack Boat Plans||95.0|
|Galleon Boat||Galleon Boat Plans||98.0|
| Heavy Cannon
(NOTE: Can only be placed
- At 99.0 skill you have less than 1% chance to successfully craft a guild dock. At 100, this raises to 6.7%.
Name Materials Needed Dyeable Skill Desk, Writing 17 Wood yes 63.1 Table (Small) 17 Wood yes 42.1 Table, Large 23 Wood yes 63.1 Table, Yew-Wood 27 Wood yes 84.2
Staffs and Poles
Name Materials Needed Dyeable Skill Fishing Pole 5 Wood + 5 Cloth no 68.4 carp, 40.0 tailoring Gnarled Staff 7 Wood no 78.9 Quarter Staff 6 Wood no 73.6 Shepherd's Crook 7 Wood no 78.9
Shields and Other Items
Name Materials Needed Dyeable Skill Ballot Box 5 Wood no 47.3 Barrel Lid 4 Wood no 11.0 Barrel Staves 5 Wood no 0.0 Dart Board 5 Wood no 15.7 Keg, Open 3 Barrel Staves + Set of Hoops + Barrel Lid no 57.8 Easel 20 Wood no 86.8 Music Stand 15 Wood yes 78.9 Music Stand (tall) 20 Wood yes 81.5 Water Trough 150 Wood no 94.7 Wooden Shield 9 Wood no 52.6
Items that require multiple skills to make
Item Name Supplies required Dyeable Carpentry Blacksmithy Anvil 5 wood 150 ingots no 73.6 75.0 Large Forge 5 wood 100 ingots no 78.9 80.0 Small Forge 5 wood 75 ingots no 73.6 75.0
Item Name Supplies required Dyeable Carpentry Tailoring Dressform 25 Wood 10 Cloth yes 63.1 65.0 Loom 85 wood 25 cloth no 84.2 65.0 Small Bed 100 wood 100 cloth no 94.7 75.0 Large Bed 150 wood 150 cloth no 94.7 75.0 Pickpockets Dip 65 wood 60 cloth no 73.6 50.0 Spinning Wheel 75 wood 25 cloth no 73.6 65.0 Training Dummy 55 wood 60 cloth no 68.4 50.0
Item Name Supplies required Dyeable Carpentry Tinkering Flour Mill 100 wood 50 ingots no 94.7 75.0 Oven * 85 wood 125 ingots no 68.4 50.0
- If you want to place an oven in a tower or a 2-story house it is easiest to do so on the top floor.
Item Name Supplies required Dyeable Carpentry Magery Abattoir (Stone pentagram) ** 100 wood 40 ingots no 100.0 50.0 Pentagram (Red) 100 wood 40 ingots no 100.0 75.0
- Items that are near an abattoir cannot be locked down or un-locked down because the game sees the abattoir as an item of type 'stairs'.
|Item Name||Supplies Required||Dyeable||Carpentry||Musicianship|
|Drum||20 wood 10 cloth||no||57.8||45.0|
|Lap Harp||20 wood 10 cloth||no||63.1||45.0|
|Lute||25 wood 10 cloth||no||68.4||45.0|
|Standing Harp||35 wood 15 cloth||no||78.9||45.0|
|Tambourine||15 wood 10 cloth||no||57.8||45.0|
|Tambourine with Tassle||15 wood 15 cloth||no||57.8||45.0|
- Make sure you have the required supplies in your backpack if you start to create a house add-on.
- When the item is created, you get a deed which can be used or transferred to someone else.
- To place the item, you need to use the deed inside the house and be the owner of the house. The item will be created on the tile that you click on. To be sure the add-on gets placed correctly you can try blocking off all surrounding tiles with chests and leave a space open where the add-on has to be placed. Alternatively, put the deed on the floor on the spot where you want the add-on to be, double-click the deed and then target it.
- These items are not allowed to be placed adjacent to doors.
- Items that are placed cannot be moved. All items may be chopped with an axe by the owner of the house, this will destroy all pieces of the object.