Animal Lore is a Wilderness Skill with several functions.
The skill has both active and passive uses.
- Allows users to examine tamable creatures and view various stats, such as Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence.
- Requires 100 skill to view untamed creatures.
- Increases amount healed with the Veterinary skill.
- Permits poison curing with the Veterinary skill after reaching at least 60 points in both skills.
- Determines how likely a tamed creature will follow a command.
- Increases the likelihood of taming a creature. 
- Increases the amount of available stable slots. 
Using the skill on a tamed creature will also reveal it's happiness level. As time goes on, your pet will require an upkeep of food, it's happiness decays overtime and can only be replenished by feeding it. See below for details.
"Wonderfully Happy" "Extremely Happy" "Very Happy" "Rather Happy" "Happy" "Content" "Content, I suppose" "Unhappy" "Rather Unhappy" "Extremely Unhappy"